Read with a Kindle
You can use a Kindle to read RNIB Bookshare books with just a little preparation.
Either our DAISY files or PDFs files can be converted into a readable format for a Kindle. The following instructions explain how to do this:
DAISY files – quick guide:
- download the book in the DAISY format
- extract the files from the ZIP folder
- rename the .XML file to .HTML
- add the file to your Calibre library
- convert the book to AZW3
- plug your Kindle into your computer
- highlight the title and send to device
PDF files – quick guide:
- download the book in PDF format
- ensure your email address is listed on the learner's authorised Amazon Kindle account
- email the book file to the "send to Kindle" email address with “convert” in the subject line
- sync the Kindle to see the new book.