RNIB are working in line with current Coronavirus restrictions. Our Peterborough and Birmingham offices are not open to volunteers at this time. We would really love to hear from you as and when we can.
Contribute your skills and passions to help learners with print-disabilities read and achieve their academic goals. By volunteering with RNIB Bookshare you'll help grow the collection to increase the choice of materials for learners of all ages and provide information and support to our customers; teachers, support staff and families.
We've volunteer opportunities in two city centre locations, Peterborough and Birmingham, both easily accessible by bus, train and car. Here's an example of the types of things you could be doing:
- processing book requests, including publisher interaction and chasing outstanding requests
- creating new publisher accounts
- adding new content to the collection and editing book records as required
- checking publisher distrubtion reports
- responding to customer support requests
- processing membership applications.