RNIB Bookshare recommends ...
Marvellous monthly resources!
Want to plan a special topical lesson and need to find some interesting resources? Maybe you want to know what's happening with our fun events calendar, or maybe you just like our 'Whose Birthday is it' section for famous authors?
Have fun! ( and let us know if we can add anything to this feature!)
Resources for what's on in June 2019
- 1 June 2019. Its Volunteer week. A great time to say that we couldn't do all we do on RNIB Bookshare without our amazing volunteers!
- 2 June 2019. It's 'Make a Noise in Libraries' (MANIL) fortnight.
- 12 June 2019. The amazing Anne Frank would have celebrated her 90th birthday today, had she survived Auschwitz. She was born on this day in 1929, and her famous diary is one of the most important books of the century. Anyone should be able to read it, so no matter your print disability, you can get it on RNIB Bookshare.
- 20 June 2019. On World Refugee Day we think about the strength, courage and perseverance of millions of refugees. Our book choice this week is 'Refugee Boy' by Benjamin Zephaniah. It's a moving story about a boy who flees from Ethiopia and Eritrea and ends up as a refugee in Great Britain.
- 21 June 2019. Can you believe that it is Midsummer and the longest day today! Stonehenge is an ancient prehistoric world heritage site which has been a place of worship and celebration at the time of Summer Solstice for thousands of years, here is our accessible tactile image of Stonehenge.
- 23 June 2019. It's never too early to start requesting new books that will you need for September. Make sure that you check the latest publisher lists to see who is working with us.
- 24 June 2019. Are you ready for this years Summer Reading Challenge? This year it's a 'Space chase', inspired by the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing. RNIB Library has accessible resources of recommended reads, and you can check out our fun reading page.
- 27 June 2019. Helen Keller was born today in 1880. As a blind and deaf author, political activist and lecturer, her life has inspired so many people to overcome disabilities."The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision."
- 28 June 2019. Are the exams over? Now is a great time to spend some time with learners in class getting them to log on to RNIB Bookshare with their own member account, find a book and read it. Get your learners used to using the site so that they feel comfortable using it in class and at home. Why not try our 'Children's reading for fun'?
- 29 June 2019. National Cream Tea Day! Go on, you know you want a cheeky scone! How do you have yours? At RNIB Bookshare we have ours, with a comfy chair an #Accessible book!