Resources for what's happening in April
- 29 March to 4 April: World Autism awareness week shines a bright light on autism; increasing and sharing knowledge about the condition. RNIB Bookshare is available to learners with a Print Disability and this includes Autism.
- 02 April: It's Hans Christian Andersen's birthday, he is famous for his fairy tales, his most famous fairy tales include 'The Emperor's New Clothes', 'The Little Mermaid', 'The Snow Queen', 'The Ugly Duckling' and 'Thumbelina'.
- 14 April: Vaisakhi is an ancient Sikh harvest festival marking the beginning of a new year and new harvest season. Have a look at our Sikh resources.
- 10 April: As it's Palm Sunday, we thought we'd check if you are ready for egg hunting? Here's our tactile image of a basket of decorated eggs to get you in the mood!
- 15 April: Good Friday, here is our accessible tactile image of the three crosses on Calvary Hill in readiness for the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and the two thieves.
- 17 April: It's Easter Sunday, wishing everyone a very Happy Easter. Hope the Easter Bunny brings you lots of chocolate eggs! Find more fun accessible images
- 21 April: Charlotte Bronte celebrates her birthday today, famous author and sister, we thought Jane Eyre would be our choice of the day!
- 23 April: Not only is it St Georges Day, it is also William Shakespeare’s birthday. We have so many of Shakespeare works available in an accessible format, it would be a shame not to dip in and give it a go! Here is our accessible image of the famous Bard! Happy Birthday Bill!