Resources for what's happening in January
January is National Braille Literacy Month as it is also is the birth month of Louis Braille. Visit our Braille Central pages for braille resources, how to use our titles in braille formats, Braille Teaching Resources and much more…
- 13 January: The author of 'Paddington', Michael Bond was born, on this day in 1926. Enjoy a Marmalade sandwich and have a read on RNIB Bookshare!
- 14 January: It's famous author Lewis Carroll's birthday. He wrote the wonderful 'Alice' books in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, why not enjoy a trip down the rabbit hole!
- 18 January: We know Christmas is over, but it is Raymond Briggs birthday, so we are 'Walking in the Air' with the Snowman!
- 21 January: Martin Luther King Day, celebrating the life and achievements of Martin Luther King Jr, the influential American civil rights leader. On RNIB Bookshare we have books and this wonderful accessible image of the great man
- 25 January: Celebrate Chinese New Year with our accessible large print and tactile images of a traditional Chinese Dragon in a street procession
- 27 January: Holocaust Memorial Day remembers the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust in World War 2. We have lots of resources to help you discover more.
We love 'The Diary of Anne Frank' who was a thirteen-year-old Jewish girl. Its of the most famous accounts, of living under the Nazi regime of World War II.
- 28 January: On this day in 1813 - Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen was published, is it one of your favourites? Indulge on RNIB Bookshare!