General terms and conditions
- "RNIB Bookshare UK education collection", "UK education collection", "Website" means www.rnibbookshare.org, which is owned by Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB).
- "RNIB" means Royal National Institute of Blind People, a charity registered under number 226227 and SCO39316 in Scotland. RNIB is a company incorporated by Royal Charter in England and Wales, company number RC000500 with its registered offices at 105 Judd Street, London WC1H.
- "We", "us" and "our" refers to RNIB Bookshare
- “Items“ or "Item" are downloadable resources in an accessible format for learners with print disabilities.
- "Print disability" is a person for whom a visual, cognitive or physical disability hinders the ability to read print. This includes all visual impairments, dyslexia, and any physical disabilities that prevent the handling of a physical copy of a print publication.
- “Terms and Conditions” are the rules and obligations which a user must agree to abide by in order to use RNIB Bookshare UK education collection. They are legally binding, and may be subject to change.
About the site
Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) and Dyslexia Action received support from the Department of Education (DfE) for a partnership project to create a fully accessible and dyslexia friendly Website-based service called 'Load2Learn' which was launched in July 2011. In March 2016 the service was rebranded as RNIB Bookshare UK education collection and the new site launched.
With the exception of downloadable Items and where otherwise stated, the information on these web pages including guidance and training on this Website is copyright © 2011 to 2016 RNIB.
All Items are made available under one of these permissions:
- The Copyright and Rights in Performances (Disability) Regulations 2014, which amended The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and repealed The Copyright (Visually Impaired Persons) Act 2002
- Publisher permission
- Out of copyright in the UK.
For more information and further terms and conditions regarding copyright and permissions please visit our Copyright and permissions page.
Your use of the site
You agree to abide by all copyright notices and restrictions attached to and associated with the content and not to remove or alter any such notice.
We assume no responsibility or liability to the extent permitted by law for any injury, loss or damage incurred as a result of any use or reliance upon the information and material contained within or downloaded from this Website.
No guarantee or warranty is given for site access or availability or that your use of the Website will be error free or free of viruses or other harmful components.
You will indemnify us in respect of any claims, damages, costs, expenses we incur arising from any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the content on this site is accurate and true, we accept no responsibility for the quality of content on this site and are not liable for any consequences from errors that may be found. Should you identify inaccuracies, please let us know and we will make every effort to correct them.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly because the amended Terms and Conditions will apply to your continued use of the Website. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be extended or superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Website.
Terminating accounts, content or services
We reserve the right to terminate access for individuals and establishments at any time.
Whilst we endeavour to build this service, from time to time we may need to alter the content, the formats available or the enhanced facilities on this site which may change or be removed without notice.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Please contact us if you have any queries relating to these Terms and Conditions.