We work with publishers to provide their accessible files through RNIB Bookshare for use by print-disabled learners at all educational levels; Early Years through to Higher Education.
We also work closely with The Publishers Association to promote the benefits of RNIB Bookshare to publishers and encourage engagement on the accessibility agenda.
How publishers support us:
- supply digital files to us when they become available to the general public, providing equal and timely access for people with print disabilities
- supply back catalogues of their digital files, making their books immediately accessible and reducing the need to process individual book requests
- provide high quality digital files, ensuring readers have an excellent reading experience
- provide digital files in formats that can be easily converted into accessible versions.
Benefits for publishers:
- we provide a direct request service for books not yet on the site - offering a faster, more streamlined service for both publishers and end users
- the opportunity to meet Corporate Social Responsibility Objectives, while reducing the time and costs of providing accessible files and gaining additional marketing opportunities to reach educators
- we have thosands of organisational members and reach 16 per cent of UK schools.
"RNIB Bookshare UK education collection is a great idea; I will definitely be directing more people to it as accessible book requests come in." Avril Cuthbert, Sales and Distribution Manager, Edinburgh University Press