How to set colour filters on Apple devices
This is a quick guide on how to use the Display Accommodations available on Apple devices, in particular how to change the screen tint, invert colours and achieve a greyscale.
- Choose "Settings" from the main screen of your device.
- Select "General"
- Select "Accessibility"
- Select "Display Accommodations"
- To invert the colours (black background with white text) swipe right on the “Invert Colours” button
To reduce the white point, swipe right on the “Reduce White Point” button. A slider will appear, adjust to reduce the intensity of bright colours.
- For other colours select "Colour filters". Turn the colour filters on by swiping right on the button.
There are five options to select from:
- Red/Green filter (protanopia)
- Green/Red filter (deuternopia)
- Blue/Yellow filter (Tritanopia)
- Colour Tint
The Red/Green, Green/Red and Blue/Yellow filters when selected all have an intensity slider, so you can determine how strong the filter appears.
The Colour Tint will allow you to have a custom filter. Adjust the “Hue” to colour. Then adjust the intensity to determine how strong the filter appears.