Accessing UK education collection from Windows 8
Please note that at this time UK education collection does not support Windows 8 RT tablets.
UK education collection material can be accessed through the Bookshare Web Reader, or Read:OutLoud.
Please view our tutorial for using the Bookshare Web Reader:
If you wish to use a downloadable reader, Read:OutLoud is available from our website. To download the software:
1. Log into your UK education collection account.
2. Open the following link https://www.rnibbookshare.org/readingTools
3. Select the “Download Read:OutLoud (for PC)” link and run it. Follow the installation prompts. Even though the “Custom Install” option is the default, it’s fine to choose the “Standard Install” option.
When finished, there should be shortcuts to Read:OutLoud UK education collection Edition on the Desktop and Start Menu.
Read:OutLoud currently selects an incompatible voice, please modify the voice selected to a Windows 8 voice by:
1. Start Read:OutLoud
2. Pull down the Speech menu
3. Choose the Voice Settings dialog
4. Choose either David, Hazel or Zira from the list, any other voices listed are not compatible.
To download books with Read:OutLoud see our tutorial at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDt34DhVPo